Applicants to Wy'East Mountain Academy are closely reviewed are personal characteristics, school performance, individual sport history, ability and potential. We run on an open enrollment system, allowing students to join throughout the academic year, when appropriate.
Wy’East Mountain Academy uniquely offers three equal semesters:
Fall: September - December
Winter: January - April
Summer: May - August
* See School Calendar for exact dates.
1. Complete the following enrollment documents and return to the address, fax or email listed below:
2019-2020 Immunization Requirement
2019-2020 Student Policy Manual
2019-2020 Enrollment Application
*These documents can be obtained by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Admissions at Wy'East Mountain Academy
P.O. Box 628 Welches, Oregon 97067
Phone: (503)-622-8931 Email: email@example.com
2. Letters of Recommendation (2) Please include ONE letter of recommendation from an academic teacher, principal, or advisor and ONE letter of recommendation from a coach or from an adult (other than a family member) who has been a positive influence and submit with the application.
3. Essay Question and Writing Sample To assist the Admissions Committee in becoming better acquainted with you, your thoughts, ideas, and goals, please submit the following:
Please submit a recent writing sample—an essay or assignment (500 words or fewer).
Students at Wy’East Mountain Academy live in cabins of four to six people. What do you hope to add to your cabin mates’ experience? What do you hope they will add to yours? (35 words or fewer)
How has your sport (skiing, snowboarding, skiing) shaped your life thus far, and where do you hope it will lead you? (50 words or fewer)
4. Scholarship Application - Available only for students enrolling for the Full Academic Year. Deadline May 1st All of our scholarships are done in-house, with limited availability.
Scholarships are based on: Academics (grades), Athletics (Skill and industry knowledge), Attitude (heart), and Individual Financial Need. In order to ensure the student meets our scholarship requirements they must send us the following:
Essay (1,000 words or less):
Why are you the best candidate for an academic or athletic scholarship?
Video (2 minutes or less):
Show what distinguishes you and your talent. What do you bring to the Academy as a student athlete?
Two Letters of Recommendation:
Specific to your scholarship need. Why do you deserve a scholarship?
5. Official Transcripts from Previous Academic Institution
In order to enroll your student into our academic program, you are required to provide a copy of their official transcript from the previous academic institution. All documents must be translated into English prior to submission.
6. Interview and Visit
Prospective students are required to partake in a campus trial visit. If accepted into the full-time program at Wy'East Mountain Academy, $1,000 of the campus visit costs will be deducted from the full-time tuition. If unable to attend in person, a phone interview will be required prior to acceptance.
Mail or email the Full-Time Student Application and supporting documents to complete steps 1-6 as described above. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us and a staff member will be happy to walk you through the process.
Please Note: We offer an open enrollment program and are able to accept students throughout the academic year. If you are looking for a program with alternative dates, please contact our office directly for more information on a customized program for your student.
If you have any questions feel free to reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503)-622-8931